Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Turkey Day!

Ahhhh, Thanksgiving....only two days away. The day where we give thanks and celebrate our taking over of this beloved country. :) It's probably good that we only focus on the food (glorious food) and not on what happened after the first thanksgiving. We came to this country from Europe and had nothing. Then people started coming out of the woodwork (or the woods rather) and offered us food.....and hospitality.....and friendship. Then we thanked them and gave back to them.....war....and disease. I do have a little bit of injun in me, does that mean I should actually be bitter about this holiday? Nah, the majority of European heritage in me says eat, drink and be merry! All kidding aside I'd like to take the time to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving. The past is the past, make the best of this holiday, and be thankful for everything you have. It's a time for food, family, friends, fun, football, fucking.....sorry, got carried away with all the f words.

Anywho, until next time, let the stuffing live up to it's name and eat til you're stuffed!

K

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you. I am thankful that you and I still get to be in contact and have remained the best of friends. Enjoy your holiday and wish all of your family a Happy Thanksgiving as well.

    ~t

    ReplyDelete