Friday, January 16, 2009

The Sound of Awesome

December 7, 2008 was a great day for me. That is the day KariAn took a pregnancy test and it finally came out positive. It ranks right up there as one the happiest days of my life. Who could ask for a better birthday/Christmas present than that? Two days later KariAn went to the doctor to confirm the test. Thankfully, it was indeed confirmed. We decided to tell immediate family right away about this and wait for our first doctor appointment to tell everyone. I've wanted to have kids for the longest time, so waiting to do this damn near killed me. I wanted to tell the world.

Well, two days ago the appointment came and went and it is finally time to tell the world....I'm gonna be a daddy!!!! Which brings us to the appointment itself. We had about 7 inches of snowfall that I had to shovel through to get to that appointment, but it was worth it. :) It was a long appointment because we had to go over family history and all that, and KariAn had to give blood. But, there is one moment that I won't ever forget. The nurse put a device up to KariAn's belly and searched and searched.....finally, there it was. bumbumbumbumbum....182 beats per minute. That was the sound of my first child's heartbeat....and that is what awesome really sounds like. There is a long, hard road ahead of us. It won't always be easy, but every minute of that journey is going to be well beyond worth it.

So, until next time....remember how beautiful life can really be.

K

2 comments:

  1. so happy for you and you know it. I am excited for you. Wish I could be closer for all of this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, you're going to be a Dad...awesome. A bit scary now that i think about it :-) but awesome nonetheless. You will now spend the rest of your life in a constant state of worry. Trust me. I know.

    ReplyDelete