Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Week of Entertainment - Issue 9

Kind of a slow week, so this will be short.  Mostly just news about cancellations, renewals, and new shows for the 2014-15 television season.  I don't keep up with television as much as I used to (yes, I know there is some great stuff out there right now), too much to watch and too little time.  Before I get started, here's a little trailer for the upcoming Gotham show on FOX....because Batman:





Actually, to tell the truth, it's everything except for Batman that has me interested with this show.  We all know his origins.  If they stay focused on the rise of Jim Gordon, this could be a great new fresh take on the world of Batman.  I think Ben McKenzie will do fine in the role, and I love the choice of Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock.  Here's to hoping!


And that's not all for the comic geek world.  Arrow returns to CW along with The Flash. They also picked up iZombie, which I'm not familiar with. NBC has picked up Constantine.  ABC has renewed Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and picked up Agent Carter, to take place in 1946 where the story of the first Captain America movie left off.  And a bunch of other stuff happened in tv news.  Sorry, I love television, but I'm a one-man band on this blog and there's just too much to keep track of in that realm.


Oh, Community was cancelled.  Is that even news anymore?  Doesn't this happen every year, or is it for real this time?


And since there wasn't much to report, here's an interview Hugh Jackman had with himself to promote X-Men: Days of Future Past, just because.


Until next time.....pick up a comic or two to prepare for next fall.


Weekend top 10 at the box office:
1 - Neighbors (new release) $49M
2 - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 $35.5M
3 - The Other Woman $9.6M
4 - Heaven is for Real $7.5M
5 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier $5.8M
6 - Rio 2 $5M
7 - Mom's Night Out (new release) $4.3M
8 - Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return (new release) $3.7M
9 - Divergent $1.7M
10 - Brick Mansions $1.6M

No comments:

Post a Comment