Sunday, April 6, 2014

A Week of Entertainment - Issue 4

First things first, let's start off with a little title that opened up this weekend called Captain America: The Winter Soldier.  It had the highest ever April opening with $96.2 million.....because it's awesome!!  Now, on to the week that was.


Le Wolv - I usually don't really care much for a lot of the big celebrities.  There are a few though, that I sometimes see do things and get the impression that they are a halfway decent person.  Hugh Jackman is one of those.  (If anyone has proof that he does suck, keep it to yourself...I like the guy).  Being a big celebrity that can poke fun at yourself is a good way to get me to think you're alright.  And that is exactly what Jackman does in this video.  I think this video is great.  This is also the guy who came to the tiny town of Iowa Falls, IA for the reopening of an old theatre, the Metropolitan Opera House, last year, that my sister-in-law manages.  He had a double screening of The Wolverine and Prisoners.  Keep it up Jackman, you're a real class act.


Ride into the Danger Drone - Always with the remakes and reboots and sequels to 80's hits.  Now it looks like Maverick is flying into the future with a new Top Gun sequel.  Not a lot of details, but as of now it will deal with pilots versus drones.  Does anyone else here think that Tom Cruise may BE the drone?  I mean does he even age at all?  Well, I guess this could give Goose something to do.  Haven't seen him much since his ER days.  Maybe then he can go on to do Gotcha! 2 or something.  Or am I the only one who even saw the first one?


April Fool's - Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 is happening.  That's gotta be an April Fool's joke right?  Wait, but I saw the announcement on April 2.......nooooooooo!!


Stepping Down - Last, but certainly not least, another king of late night is finally stepping down to give way to the younger generation.  Earlier this week, David Letterman announced his retirement.  I admit I haven't watched him in years, but back when I was growing up I always preferred him over Jay Leno.  The last of the previous generation is now going away.  I think they've left the late night in fairly capable hands with the new generation of Jimmys.  One of which used one of Letterman's signature bits to talk about the retirement here.


Any other entertainment news worth mentioning?  Let me know?


Until next time......here is this week's Top 10 (box office):


1 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier (new release) $96.2M
2 - Noah $17M
3 - Divergent $13M
4 - God's Not Dead $7.7M
5 - The Grand Budapest Hotel $6.3M
6 - Muppets Most Wanted $6.3M
7 - Mr. Peabody & Shermon $5.3M
8 - Sabotage $1.9M
9 - Need For Speed $1.8M
10 - Non-Stop $1.8M

No comments:

Post a Comment