Friday, October 3, 2008

Dick Grayson's Big Top Adventure

So, I read an article that says that the CW network is going to produce a new show about the pre-Robin days of one Dick Grayson.

Who thought this was a good idea? Really.

I know The Dark Knight is one amazing movie (in fact, I'm going to see it for the 4th time this weekend) and they are probably trying to go off of the success of this movie. But really folks, who wants to see a movie about the Grayson clan?

(Before I go on, I will admit that I will check it out because I watch everything DC related.....but that doesn't mean I'll like it.)

There is nothing to tell about this kid before he became Robin. I mean, who is he gonna run into that anyone will recognize? Maybe Boston Brand? (And I doubt many of you out there even know who he is anyway) Maybe they'll just destroy the entire history of the character like they did with Superman in "Smallville", and have him go ahead and run into the likes of the Joker and the Penguin and whatnot. Essentially though, I'm guessing it will be just a teen drama about a boy and his acrobatic family. I think they are just using the Grayson name for the recognition.

If anything, I think they should have made some show like "Gotham P.D." or something, showing a young James Gordon working his way up the ranks. That would get the comic viewers AND the crime drama viewers (there are a billion as shown by the success of CSI, Law & Order, and all their spin-offs). I'm just wondering how successful this will be. I mean, a few years ago they shot down "Birds of Prey" after one or two episodes.....and just recently they drowned "Aquaman" before the premiere even popped it's head out of the water. And I personally thought both of those shows had potential.....as opposed to this.

Who knows though......maybe next year I will eat my words, and the show will rock. I certainly hope that is the case.

Until next time, keep flyin' high (but be smart and use a net)

K

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I'm expecting something like "Dawson's Creek" or in this case "Grayson's Beak" LMAO...ok that was bad. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with everything you have said here. ESPECIALLY the Gotham PD idea. I just think that would be soooo great. I loved the comics and they way they worked all of that. Perfect idea.

    ReplyDelete