Friday, October 17, 2008

Fact vs. Fiction

I love top 10 lists. Being a little OCD, they are some of my favorite things to read on the internet. I ran across one today though that's kinda funny....."Top 10 Most Biographically Inaccurate Movies". Of course, this stems from the fact that Oliver Stone's new movie W. comes out this weekend. The funny thing about the list, is that it was even made. I mean, how can you come up with a Top 10 like that? Aren't pretty much all "true" movies quite inaccurate? Let's be honest, nobody's life is exciting enough to make a great big budget movie. Folks.....this is why all of these movies have a disclaimer of "based on a true story", or "inspired by a true story". I really hope that people don't seriously watch any of these movies to learn all about these people and events. I do admit that I will watch some of them to get an idea about the topic....but I also know that these movies are mostly for entertainment (and to make more money for Hollywood). If I am intrigued by the topic though, I will do a little digging to get the actual facts. If you are too lazy to pick up a book or look up the facts on the internet, and only go to movies to get facts, then I suggest you stick with documentaries. They may be a little less inaccurate. :)

Until next time, don't believe every thing you hear......especially if it comes from a Hollywood blockbuster.

K

2 comments: