Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mystery of the 5

Me, my wife, and some friends of ours took a little trip over to Davenport this past Saturday. After a nice dinner at this classy little joint known as Hooters, we headed over to the Putnam IMAX to see the fantastically awesome movie called The Dark Knight. I loooooove this movie. In fact this was the 4th time I had seen the masterpiece. Well, I could go into all the reasons this movie rocks right now, but that would take forever. So, I'll get right down to the one question on my mind:

Who are the 5?

Nolan paid the utmost attention to detail in this movie, so I'm sure he didn't miscount for this one quote. Anyway, towards the end of the movie they were talking about the people that Harvey "Two-Face" Dent was responsible for killing. Gordon says, "5 dead......2 of them cops". And then Batman says he'll take on the responsibility.

Now, here's what I've got so far:

1) The corrupt cop that he shoots in the bar.
2) The driver of Maroni's car.
3) Maroni, assuming he died in the car wreck.
4) And on a guess, I'm going with Harvey Dent himself as one of the deaths.

That's only 3 (or a possible 4)......if anyone can help me figure out the last 1 or 2 people that he's talking about, please let me know. Like I said, I've seen this movie 4 times now, and I still cannot figure out this riddle.

So, until next time: Riddle me this, riddle me that, who's 5 deaths are now on the bat?

K

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget, the most important one of them all...

    Rachel Dawes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that makes sense if they ARE counting Harvey Dent also. But, if that is the case, then who is the second cop in that list? Harvey Dent was the D.A., not a cop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well really, there were more than the just 2 cops...the explosion killed some cops in that jail, I am assuming.

    BUT

    The Commissioner

    ReplyDelete