Tuesday, October 14, 2008

War Machine

Found out today that they are changing actors for one of the characters in the sequel to Iron Man.....one Jim "War Machine" Rhodes. Yes, you heard it right, no more Terrance Howard. In his place will be the equally (if not more so) talented actor Don Cheadle. But, it doesn't matter if he's better or not....the actor should not be changed. It drives me nuts when they do this.

I will admit, I was okay with Maggie Gyllenhaal replacing Katie Holmes as Rachael Dawes in The Dark Knight. But, that was only because Katie Holmes sucked....and she was a character I didn't really care about.

Now, in the case of Iron Man though, Jim Rhodes is a major player. In the comics he actually takes over as Iron Man for a little while before he goes on to become War Machine. You can't change the actor for a pivotal character like that. That's like when they replaced Jodie Foster with Julianne Moore for the character of Clarice Starling in Hannibal. Blasphemy! Although that change was not only bad because of the change, but also because it was a downgrade in actors. I like some of Moore's movies, but 90% of the time I think her particular character could be played much better by just about anyone.

Anyway, back to the point.......keep the continuity alive.....pleeeeeease!

Until next time, don't go changin'! (I know, I already used that one today....but it's my blog and I can do what I want dag-nab-it!)

K

No comments:

Post a Comment